Passport and Visa Requirements for Antigua and Barbuda
For visitors to Antigua and Barbuda the following entry requirements apply:
Most European Union citizens (see list below) do not require a visa to enter Antigua and Barbuda on holiday or business. Persons visiting are permitted to stay as long as their business takes, provided that:
a) this is no longer than six months
b) they possess a passport with a minimum of six months validity from their date of departure
c) they have an onward or return ticket
d) they have confirmation of accommodation
e) they can produce evidence of their ability to maintain themselves in Antigua and Barbuda
VISA/ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Opening Times Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.00pm. Appointments are not necessary. The processing time for visa applications is approximately 5 working days.
Applicants will be informed of the collection date once their application and all supporting documentation has been received and processed. Please note, delays in processing can occur. The processing times quoted are approximates and cannot be guaranteed. It will not be possible to expedite a case simply because the applicant has not allowed sufficient time for the application to be processed.
Persons requiring a visa for Antigua and Barbuda:
(Please list below or confirm with the High Commission)
Please note that the citizens of the following countries DO NOT REQUIRE a visa for entry into Antigua and Barbuda:
|European Union countries which do not require visas
|Ireland (Republic of)
|Commonwealth countries which do not require visas
||Nauru (special member)
|Papua New Guinea
|St Kitts and Nevis
||St Vincent and the Grenadines
|Trinidad and Tobago
||Tuvalu (special member)
(also holders of United Kingdom travel documents)
|United Kingdom Overseas Territories
|Other Countries (European Union, Non-European and Non-Commonwealth Countries) which do not require visas for entry into Antigua and Barbuda:
||Andorra (Principality of)
|Armenia (Republic of)
||Azerbaijan (Republic of)
||Belarus (Republic of)
||Georgia (Republic of)
|Kazahkstan (Republic of)
||Kyrgyzstan (Republic of)
||Moldova (Republic of)
||Norway and Colonies
|United States of America
||Uzebekistan (Republic of)
Citizens of Countries which do not appear on the above lists, require a visa.
|Please note that citizens of the following Commonwealth countries now require a visa for entry into Antigua and Barbuda:Bangladesh, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, India, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Sri Lanka
Cruise ship visitors who would normally require a visa would not require one provided that they arrive in Antigua and Barbuda in the morning and depart the same evening.
‘Intransit’ passengers traveling within the same day, who normally require a visa, do not need a visa for entry into Antigua and Barbuda, provided that they have proof of their onward journey, and they do not leave the ‘controlled space’ of the airport.
Documentation required when applying for a visa:
- Completed application form.
- Valid passport or travel document with valid transit or re-entry permit for any country for which you may be ticketed, such as the United Kingdom (please note, the passport must valid for a minimum life of 6 months from the date of arrival in Antigua and Barbuda, and must have one completely blank page for the issuance of the visa.)
- A recent color passport photograph (45mm x 35mm).
- Visa fee: Single entry £30.00 Multiple entry £40.00
- Exact money is requested if submitted in person in order to avoid delays.
- Postal order made payable to the Antigua and Barbuda High Commission (if submitted within the United Kingdom).
- Sterling International Money Order (if application is being sent from outside the United Kingdom) Money orders must be issued in pounds. Money orders in any other currency will not be accepted.